When using the HDMI outputs on any of our Video Matrixes you can change them to an Audio Only Mode. This allows you to take a HDMI cable out of one of these ports straight into the Input of an AVR and that will now follow whatever the output is mirroring. If for example you're watching Television in your Living Room and you have ceiling speakers that are going into your AVR it will always follow your TV when you switch source if you set it up as follows.
- Navigate to gotomymatrix.com, and click on 'Cloud Connection' on the left. At the bottom of the page please click on 'Admin' and proceed to login. Please consult your Pulse-Eight installation guide for the password if you have not accessed this area before.
- Once logged in click on 'Video Routing' on the left.
- On the HDMI Output you would like to set up Audio Only mode click on the TV symbol to the right of the output:
4. You will see there is a toggle for 'Audio Only Mode'. Please click the toggle to enable this mode followed by 'Save Changes'.
Enabling this mode will also give you control of the AVR via CEC if you are using CEC.
Please note, you may need to reboot the matrix for the changes to take effect.
You can also watch this video to find instructions on how to get this setup.
Please be aware this is only for the HDMI outputs of our Video Matrixes:
- Neo 4 Professional - HDMI Mirror Outputs 5 & 6,
- Neo 6A - HDMI Outputs 7 & 8,
- Neo 8A - HDMI Outputs 9 & 10,
- NeoX+ - HDMI Outputs 9 & 10