ProAmp8 can support Linked Device on the neo:X+ systems. The main feature is the ability to control the volume via the neo:X+ (through CEC) instead of going through the ProAmp8 Web UI interface. It is compatible with neo:X+ by using the Sink Mode feature (under Audio Control).
This feature is currently not compatible with neo:8a, neo:6a and neo:4 Professional.
Before you begin, make sure both neo:X+ and the ProAmp8 are connected to the local network. The system needs to detect each other to make the linking possible.
Connecting Linked Device on neo:X+
1. Here is the mapping of the setup.
2. To use the Linked Device feature, make sure to connect to the correct output. Here is an example of the setup: a SPDIF connector is connected via Input 9 (on the ProAmp8) and Output 8 (on the neo:X+).
3. Next, on the neo:X+ web UI, go to Video Routing and under the Output section, click on the icon.
4. Once the Output window is up, select the ProAmp8 on the Linked Device section and select Input 9 (as reflected as the Input on the ProAmp8).
5. To make sure it is working, login into the ProAmp8 web UI, then to Configuration and click icon to check Input 9. Make sure they are connected to the neo:X+ correct output (which is Output 2 in this case).
6. Once both sides can see the connection, head over to neo:X+ Audio Control to test the volume control. By this time, the CEC volume control should be working.
No Sound on Speaker:
1. Make sure the port is linked to the right one (step 5).
2. Toggle the ARC settings between HDMI, Optical & Disabled (step 6).
Linked Device option is not available or visible:
1. Update both ProAmp8 & neo:X+ to the latest firmware and perform a power cycle (reboot both).
2. If both units are on the latest firmware and it's still not visible please try another web browser or clear the cache for your web browser.
Cannot see other unit when going to link the devices:
1. Make sure both neo:X+ and the ProAmp8 are connected to the local network. The system needs to detect each other to make the linking possible.